Friday, March 9, 2012
Gemstones and jewels in the light of the Holy Quran
Gemstones ,jewels and rock have been mentioned in the Quran at various points.
74 Thenceforth were your hearts hardened: They became like a rock and even worse in hardness. For among rocks there are some from which rivers gush forth; others there are which when split asunder send forth water; and others which sink for fear of Allah. And Allah is not unmindful of what ye do.
surah bakarah chaptor no 2 verse no 74
(1) O you who believe! Do not render in vain your Sadaqah (charity) by reminders of your generosity or by injury, like him who spends his wealth to be seen of men, and he does not believe in Allah, nor in the Last Day. His likeness is the likeness of a smooth rock on which is a little dust; on it falls heavy rain which leaves it bare. They are not able to do anything with what they have earned. And Allah does not guide the disbelieving people.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #264)
(4) He said: "Do you remember when we betook ourselves to the rock? I indeed forgot the fish; none but Shaitan (Satan) made me forget to remember it. It took its course into the sea in a strange (way)!"
( سورة الكهف , Al-Kahf, Chapter #18, Verse #63)
(5) "O my son! If it be (anything) equal to the weight of a grain of mustard seed, and though it be in a rock, or in the heavens or in the earth, Allah will bring it forth. Verily, Allah is Subtle (in bringing out that grain), Well-Aware (of its place).
( سورة لقمان , Luqman, Chapter #31, Verse #16)
(6) And (with) Thamud (people), who hewed out rocks in the valley (to make dwellings)?
( سورة الفجر , Al-Fajr, Chapter #89, Verse #9)
4 Striking them with stones of baked clay.
surah fil verse no 4
(2) And (remember) when Musa (Moses) asked for water for his people, We said: "Strike the stone with your stick." Then gushed forth therefrom twelve springs. Each (group of) people knew its own place for water. "Eat and drink of that which Allah has provided and do not act corruptly, making mischief on the earth."
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #60)
(11) And We rained down on them a rain (of stones). Then see what was the end of the Mujrimun (criminals, polytheists and sinners).
( سورة الأعراف , Al-Araf, Chapter #7, Verse #84)
58 Like unto Rubies and coral.
surah rahman chaptor no 55 verse no 58
Huzur (saw) used to wear Aqeeq but males are permitted to wear a stone only up to 4 -4.5 masha and not more than that. Besides this, males are not allowed to wear rings made of gold.
The practice of wearing gemstones had developed from Huzur (saw) and Hazrat Ali (r.a). I have heard that Hazrat Ali (ra) used to wear 4 rings namely:- Opal (Yaqut) to enhance beauty and dignity; Turquoise (Feruz) for getting divine help and victory; Hadid Thin for power and Carnelian (Aqiq) to protect himself from his enemies and all types of hardships. The gemstones are an integral part of spiritual healing. Each one of them has a distinctive rhythm, substance, character and magnetism. This imparts them with different therapeutic properties. Their physical and spiritual benefits generate within us powerful and highly charged energy.
In many instances, during a trouble, the Aqiq stone absorbs most of the negative energies in the environment, and even break into pieces. Such stones are not used again as their powerful nature have been utilized.
Islam strongly recommends its followers to wear rings made from different stones in order to increase faith, piousness and endurance.
Keep Me In Your Prayers